One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australasian rail (bird) with plain brown and grey plumage.
- ‘The Bush-hen is a small, dark wetland bird with lime-green beak and greenish-yellow legs’
- ‘The Bush-hens call throughout the night upon arrival.’
- ‘The pond in Hidden Valley used by breeding Bush Hens would be clearly identified and protected from disturbance and/or hydrological effects during construction.’
- ‘The same applies to the bush-hen, whose large nest is associated with the swelling round the taytu plant when tubers are plentiful…’
- ‘This work is representational of the Bush Hen travelling through the country looking for bush seeds which are scattered over the land.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.