One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A roofed structure for people to wait under at a bus stop.
- ‘And at about 2.30 pm the vandals went one further when a plastic-windowed bus shelter was gutted by fire.’
- ‘We have a concrete bus shelter which provides no ‘shelter’ from the weather.’
- ‘You know, I was sitting in the bus shelter, waiting for Ray to come and finish her dance practice.’
- ‘As yet the bus shelter has not been replaced or moved.’
- ‘Kynan led me to his bus stop and we waited just outside the bus shelter.’
- ‘It should be noted that if the proposal is agreed, there is no intention for a bus shelter or stop in Tewkesbury Road; the stop would remain at The Bell.’
- ‘For spectators without wheels, there's a bus shelter, but very little else to occupy the hours until these youngsters are due home again.’
- ‘Improvements have included new benches and cycle stands, widened pavements, an upgraded bus shelter and traffic calming.’
- ‘There's currently a project where the children are designing a mural for the bus shelter which had previously been covered in graffiti.’
- ‘Pandu said he was waiting at a bus shelter when the bomb exploded.’
- ‘Last week, one teenager was arrested on suspicion of vandalising a bus shelter in Barnett Wood Lane and another was given an official caution.’
- ‘He was arrested and admitted slapping the bus shelter.’
- ‘When I was a boy we had the best bus shelter and toilet facilities in the country but like most things in Bessbrook they were pulled down.’
- ‘A planning application has been submitted for the new bus shelter roof and is due to be considered by councillors by the end of the month.’
- ‘The timetable board on the bus shelter has been damaged.’
- ‘A bus shelter should, surely, provide shelter from the weather.’
- ‘After school, I sat out near the bus shelter waiting for mama, but she didn't come.’
- ‘She had no money and it was late at night - if I hadn't picked her up she would have had no other choice than to sleep in a bus shelter on the street.’
- ‘Even on Christmas Day I had to walk past several youths at the top bus shelter who appeared to have been drinking and were shouting abuse at people passing by.’
- ‘The interview is conducted in a freezing bus shelter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.