One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose job is to collect fares and sell tickets on a bus.‘he began his career as a bus conductor for the Eastern National Omnibus Company’
- ‘The agents of social enforcement, such as park keepers, caretakers and bus conductors, have disappeared.’
- ‘Jaya, a bus conductor, complains that they are not being paid enough to make ends meet.’
- ‘Within weeks of her arrival she landed on her feet, securing a job with West Midlands as a bus conductor.’
- ‘Bus conductors blew whistles, lorries honked horns.’
- ‘Some recounted how they had been sold fake tickets by conmen posing as bus conductors.’
- ‘Although bus conductors issue tickets to every commuter in the City limits, it is not the case with the conductors in suburban buses.’
- ‘I worked as a bus conductor for five years and I know how to stand straight in a running bus.’
- ‘The bus conductor came by to examine passengers' tickets.’
- ‘"The fog was so bad many bus conductors were walking in front of their buses with flares."’
- ‘At the entrance, the bus conductor slowly checked the tickets of the passengers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.