One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for burial ground
- ‘The first thing you notice about New Orleans are the burying grounds - the cemeteries - and they're a cold proposition, one of the best things there are here.’
- ‘In this Congress, the House Commerce Committee has become the burying ground for any legislation to curtail the greed of big tobacco.’
- ‘Now a marble obelisk commemorated the sacredness of the little burying ground and into its face was carved the words, ‘The Lost Cause.’’
- ‘After San Francisco officials banned burying grounds in the growing metropolis in 1901, interment sites cropped up (or, under) to the south.’
- ‘He told his audience not to go into burying grounds looking for tall monuments to important people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.