One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for burial ground
- ‘In this Congress, the House Commerce Committee has become the burying ground for any legislation to curtail the greed of big tobacco.’
- ‘After San Francisco officials banned burying grounds in the growing metropolis in 1901, interment sites cropped up (or, under) to the south.’
- ‘Now a marble obelisk commemorated the sacredness of the little burying ground and into its face was carved the words, ‘The Lost Cause.’’
- ‘He told his audience not to go into burying grounds looking for tall monuments to important people.’
- ‘The first thing you notice about New Orleans are the burying grounds - the cemeteries - and they're a cold proposition, one of the best things there are here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.