One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fail to emphasize the most important part of a story or account.‘one should always listen carefully to the president, as he has a tendency to bury the lede’
- ‘They buried another interesting lede in the article, which is that the share of income median families must devote to home ownership is the HIGHEST it's been since 1989.’
- ‘I understand that for those of you who are most concerned with the political aspects of this story, this may not amount to burying the lede.’
- ‘The problem with this piece is a classic case of burying the lede.’
- ‘"Reuters buried the lede," said my source.’
- ‘Fair as the column is, Kondracke buried the lede.’
- ‘There's a few covers out there which manage to make these precious songs vibrant and new without sullying their reputation or burying the lede.’
- ‘Don't bury the lede and don't pile on when updating.’
- ‘That paragraph also buries the lede a bit, since we skipped right over a glowing projection for Yu Darvish.’
- ‘Predictably, the editors buried the lede on this story, literally pushing the most damning revelations down to the last four grafs.’
- ‘Usually burying the lede 15 paragraphs in will be enough to ensure that most readers never see them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.