One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
End a quarrel or conflict and become friendly.
pardon, forgive, grant an amnesty to, amnestyView synonyms
- ‘That means that Dainty must find a more congenial way to bury all hatchets and bring all disputing parties to the same table; if he cannot or will not do that, his days of leadership of US cricket would seem to be numbered.’
- ‘It is time for the IHF and the coach to bury their hatchets and make their peace with Dhanraj Pillai.’
- ‘Sounds like the hatchet has been well and truly buried - the question, though, is between whose shoulder blades?’
- ‘Leading tech competitors bury the hatchet to improve energy efficiency.’
- ‘Bury the hatchet? How very boring. The art of feuding is in a sorry state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.