One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A grant or payment made to support a student's education.
grant, scholarshipView synonyms
- ‘Sharrock's father settled on him the rent of a small property in Northampton, to augment his fellowship, as he had given up a bursarship and tutorships in change for study.’
- ‘Burnet showed his gratitude by founding eight bursarships in his will.’
- ‘Faber's minor prose works were Elnovia, a light-hearted and eventually rather dated fantasy, and an account of the history of the All Souls bursarships, printed privately.’
- ‘The value of the bursarship will be £4000 per year, plus the payment of University tuition fees.’
- ‘No pupil can obtain a bursarship or half bursarship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.