One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A grant or payment made to support a student's education.
grant, scholarshipView synonyms
- ‘Burnet showed his gratitude by founding eight bursarships in his will.’
- ‘No pupil can obtain a bursarship or half bursarship.’
- ‘Sharrock's father settled on him the rent of a small property in Northampton, to augment his fellowship, as he had given up a bursarship and tutorships in change for study.’
- ‘The value of the bursarship will be £4000 per year, plus the payment of University tuition fees.’
- ‘Faber's minor prose works were Elnovia, a light-hearted and eventually rather dated fantasy, and an account of the history of the All Souls bursarships, printed privately.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.