One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Mexican dish consisting of a tortilla rolled round a savoury filling, typically of minced beef or beans.
- ‘She explains the difference between chimichangas, burritos, tacos, tostadas, enchiladas and fajitas.’
- ‘Rachael still room for a catfish burrito, cornbread and salad from Alto Cinco.’
- ‘The menu is slightly longer, offering quesadillas along with steak, chicken and bean and cheese burritos.’
- ‘Include on your menu: lentil soup, mild bean burritos, or even more oatmeal.’
- ‘He's quite industrious and rapidly turns out large quantities of burritos, flautas or fajitas.’
- ‘With them, I can make sandwiches, quesadillas, pizzas and burritos.’
- ‘We ordered burritos at a tiny Mexican place, but we got tacos instead.’
- ‘For example, swap a beef burrito with sour cream for a grilled chicken soft taco with salsa.’
- ‘All we could talk about was opening up a simple burrito joint, offering burritos, quesadillas and tacos.’
- ‘Wrap your tacos and breakfast burritos with naturally low-carb tortillas that taste as good as regular ones.’
- ‘Latino sushi is actually tortilla rolls, like burritos, but chopped in slices which resemble sushi.’
- ‘Pizza, pasta, burritos, and any food that must be salted or is occasionally sold with an action figure from a current movie is expressly forbidden.’
- ‘If you remembered to keep a package of tortillas in the freezer, you've also got the makings of bean burritos or tacos.’
- ‘Alternatively, wrap each burger and the toppings in a tortilla like a burrito.’
- ‘The restaurant offers mainly a decent sized Mexican menu with dishes like nachos, burritos, enchiladas and some of the tastiest tacos you'll find in town.’
- ‘She suggests bean soups and burritos, as well as a good dose of fiber.’
- ‘The manager, Steve Franklin, offers me extra pork in my burrito.’
- ‘Moe's specializes in chicken, steak and vegetable burritos.’
- ‘While on one of my many daily trips to Taco Bell the other day, I ordered a bean burrito with extra onions.’
- ‘Dinner was pizza and burritos, another meal which was well received.’
Latin American Spanish, diminutive of Spanish burro, literally ‘donkey’ (see burro).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.