One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A porcupine fish with spines that are permanently erected, occurring in tropical waters of the Atlantic and Pacific.
- ‘Covered in corals and sponges, it is a colourful environment stacked with sea-horses, young spiny burrfish and cornetfish.’
- ‘A spiny burrfish is over-optimistic about staying hidden in the dark.’
- ‘I went hunting for my sea-creature, and I think that it might have been a Cyclichthys orbicularis (Birdbeak burrfish).’
- ‘This fish is known as a yellow-spotted burrfish or Cyclichthys spilostylus.’
- ‘He noticed fish - four specimens of porcupine and burrfish - during a walk at Kayser's Beach along the water line and counted 86 in a one kilometre stretch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.