One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A physical exercise consisting of a squat thrust made from and ending in a standing position.
- ‘Level surfaces for pushups, burpees and crunches are also abundant.’
- ‘The burpee is a calisthenic exercise performed to increase strength and explosiveness.’
- ‘Ross Enamait explains how to execute burpees properly and also tells us how underrated the form of exercise is.’
- ‘When doing pushups or squatthrusts or burpees, try to push the ends of your fingers into the floor, as if trying to get a grip on a basketball.’
- ‘In an hour, Bryant and her postnatal clients do jumping jacks, running, burpees, sit-ups and anything else to bounce back.’
1930s: named after Royal H. Burpee, American psychologist. The original usage was Burpee test, in which a series of burpees are executed in rapid succession, designed to measure agility and coordination.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.