One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Finally, burnishing and polishing of the wood is carried out with burnishers and abrasives of varying texture and refinement.’
- ‘With these first impressions, I work back into the plate with a scraper, burnisher and emery paper to enhance the lights and accent the motif.’
- ‘For instance, a manufacturer may recommend that its floor covering be maintained with a high-speed burnisher.’
- ‘No former president has had a hankering to be more than a memoirist, or reputation burnisher.’
- ‘When dry, the gold is burnished with a hooked or rounded tool called a burnisher.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.