One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
mass noun, often as modifier The straw from a talipot palm used for making hats.‘a buntal hat’
- ‘We are a newly established company in the Philippines which manufactures and markets handwoven bags made of raffia, jute, buntal, bamboo and fabric.’
- ‘Ideal as gifts, these unique designs are made using mainly handwoven fibers - abaca, raffia, buntal - and handmade paper.’
- ‘Shade yourself from the sun with this expertly handmade buntal hat in a burst of colours.’
- ‘This gorgeous clam shape bag is brushed in buntal weave and finished with exquisite braided snakeskin handles.’
- ‘Of the total annual average buntal fiber production of 10.4 metric tons, 70% is for local consumption.’
- ‘Woven buntal creates a two-directional fabric of polished finish and geometric refinement.’
- ‘Bamboo and buntal hats bring the most money to the islands, although many inexpensive buri hats are exported.’
- ‘The production of buntal fiber started in Sariaya and Tayabas in Quezon while the buntal hat weaving industry began in Baliuag, Bulacan way back during the pre-war years.’
Early 20th century: from Tagalog.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.