One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gentle ski slope suitable for beginners; a nursery slope.
- ‘Although the world's first ski school was founded here a century ago, this is no bunny slope; pack your courage.’
- ‘‘Hell yeah, I told you I don't need no bunny slope,’ I said raising an eyebrow at him and laughing a little.’
- ‘Arms outstretched, heads up and torsos erect, we glided down the bunny slope practicing the forward heel glide and the backward toe glide, then learned to link them into wobbly S-turns.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the others were still trudging up that bunny slope, pausing only to look daggers in my direction.’
- ‘The terrain varies widely from bunny slopes for the beginners, to some of the most challenging, adrenaline pumping, heart pounding, I have ever ventured this weary body on.’
- ‘Whether you are an avid skier or choose to stick to the bunny slopes, you cannot go wrong choosing this world class resort.’
- ‘I did the ‘snowplow’ the whole way down the bunny slope (you know, when you invert your skis into an upside down v shape).’
- ‘You get an all-American rite of passage, gangsta rap, and terror on the bunny slope.’
- ‘I felt a need to come up with some master plan - a black diamond here, a bunny slope there - to make the most of my mountain.’
- ‘It was now our second day of snowboarding, and I was cruising down the bunny slope.’
- ‘We had just finished their lessons, and were just about to go down the bunny slope by ourselves.’
- ‘And a fairway or two at his Red Hawk Ridge would make a good bunny slope.’
- ‘Whether they're bunny slopes or double-black-diamonds, ski runs are permanent clearcuts.’
- ‘There is a special beginners' area, replete with bunny slopes, free drag lifts and the reward of a confidence building blue run after a couple of days.’
- ‘‘Not only do you have to ski good, but you also gotta look good,’ my instructor said as I putted down the bunny slope, mentally correcting her grammar.’
- ‘Tykes as young as 3, dressed in ski suits bright as jelly beans, slide happily down the bunny slope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.