One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affect a style of speech or behaviour that is pretentious or ostentatious.‘Georgie knew them well enough to know they were just bunging it on’
- ‘Rose began to realize that half the time the old girl was bunging it on.’
- ‘"Shirley's only bunging it on to get attention," she said dismissively.’
- ‘The hairdresser is only bunging it on to get the physical attention of the town's amorous farm wives.’
- ‘At first I thought they were 'bunging it on', but quickly realized that was how they treated each other.’
- ‘Does that jerk really have an ocker accent, or is he just bunging it on for effect?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.