One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affect a style of speech or behaviour that is pretentious or ostentatious.‘Georgie knew them well enough to know they were just bunging it on’
- ‘Does that jerk really have an ocker accent, or is he just bunging it on for effect?’
- ‘At first I thought they were 'bunging it on', but quickly realized that was how they treated each other.’
- ‘Rose began to realize that half the time the old girl was bunging it on.’
- ‘The hairdresser is only bunging it on to get the physical attention of the town's amorous farm wives.’
- ‘"Shirley's only bunging it on to get attention," she said dismissively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.