One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They also acted their parts as classically as the admirable comedians interfered bumptiously with all the sobriety, and Phillip Addis must be commended for his singing as well.’
- ‘I do not think that ever again has that hopeful, almost bumptiously hopeful, atmosphere reappeared in this country.’
- ‘One of the real dangers the BJP Government has created is the rise of intolerant and bellicose people who bumptiously air their views.’
- ‘They disported themselves bumptiously, like they were aces.’
- ‘This is bumptiously funky, respectably organic and engaging music that truly aspires to get young children excited about jazz.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.