One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They're kind of bumpkinish, they have cockfights and stuff, and they don't really know the world outside the chicken farm.’
- ‘Ernie's slow drawl and grounded certainty are a good counter point to Steve's bumpkinish demeanor.’
- ‘Despite his slightly bumpkinish exterior, Li is actually a fearsome fighter with his Staff.’
- ‘And none of the priests actually seems to be a dirty rotten scoundrel - most of them seem to be more bumpkinish rather than churlish.’
- ‘Next, a bumpkinish cop, annoying his dozing partner, is shown playing with his radar gun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.