One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Next, a bumpkinish cop, annoying his dozing partner, is shown playing with his radar gun.’
- ‘And none of the priests actually seems to be a dirty rotten scoundrel - most of them seem to be more bumpkinish rather than churlish.’
- ‘Ernie's slow drawl and grounded certainty are a good counter point to Steve's bumpkinish demeanor.’
- ‘Despite his slightly bumpkinish exterior, Li is actually a fearsome fighter with his Staff.’
- ‘They're kind of bumpkinish, they have cockfights and stuff, and they don't really know the world outside the chicken farm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.