One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A label carrying a slogan or advertisement fixed to a vehicle's bumper.
- ‘The aim is to come up with the tag line for a bumper sticker which perfectly describes your view of the European Union.’
- ‘Or get some fabric paints and coin a T-shirt slogan that's worthy of a bumper sticker.’
- ‘It would also be an opportunity to sell in-car cup holders or hand out bumper stickers for some free advertising.’
- ‘Remove those bumper stickers or license plate frames on your cars that remind you of a lifestyle you wish to leave behind.’
- ‘That was not, needless to say, a slogan made-to-order for bumper stickers.’
- ‘Are there bumper stickers on the vehicles that you drive or that your spouse drives?’
- ‘Most New Yorkers appear to fall somewhere between the most liberal and conservative slogans of the car bumper stickers.’
- ‘That includes a media campaign with gas station signage, bumper stickers on project vehicles and increased patrols.’
- ‘It becomes a slogan on t-shirts, bumper stickers and Blogs across America.’
- ‘So I want you to write the slogan for my bumper sticker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.