One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The first beard growth of an adolescent.‘only the tiniest amount of bumfluff grew on his chin’as modifier ‘this lot, all spots, bumfluff goatees, jogging pants, and T-shirts’
- ‘Yeah, and calling it ‘post-hardcore’ makes it sound like some kiddie's genre where they've all not shaved for a month in the hope their cumulative bumfluff makes them look like they're grown up.’
- ‘Destined to remain boyish in looks for his whole life, he gives his best shot at a bumfluff beard and an Irish accent and he hangs in there.’
- ‘I even learned that fuzzy bumfluff doesn't regrow like hair in other parts.’
- ‘The musketeer-style bumfluff appeared just days after David's.’
- ‘It was a boy with the face of a fourteen year old and matching bumfluff.’
- ‘Think Gomez with the indie bumfluff brutally shaved off (with a cut-throat, natch…) or Calexico with more tunes.’
- ‘He was 21 and burdened by nothing more than a bit of bumfluff, some puppy fat and a great-coat, of the kind worn by Smiths fans and budding thesps for the entire duration of their drama-school degree course.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.