Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Characterized by blisters or bullae on the skin.
- ‘The differential diagnosis of bullous impetigo includes thermal burns, blistering disorders, and Stevens-Johnson syndrome.’
- ‘Epidermolysis bullosa is a group of rare, inherited bullous disorders characterized by blister formation in the epidermal layer secondary to mechanical trauma.’
- ‘Included in this group is pemphigus vulgaris, a bullous disease involving the skin and mucous membranes, which may be fatal if not treated with appropriate immunosuppressive agents.’
- ‘There can be an inflammatory response with lymphocytes, eosinophils, and edema, which can result in a bullous reaction on sun-exposed skin.’
- ‘Pemphigus vulgaris is an autoimmune bullous disease of the skin that usually occurs in adults and is rare in children.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.