One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by blisters or bullae on the skin.
- ‘Included in this group is pemphigus vulgaris, a bullous disease involving the skin and mucous membranes, which may be fatal if not treated with appropriate immunosuppressive agents.’
- ‘Pemphigus vulgaris is an autoimmune bullous disease of the skin that usually occurs in adults and is rare in children.’
- ‘There can be an inflammatory response with lymphocytes, eosinophils, and edema, which can result in a bullous reaction on sun-exposed skin.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis of bullous impetigo includes thermal burns, blistering disorders, and Stevens-Johnson syndrome.’
- ‘Epidermolysis bullosa is a group of rare, inherited bullous disorders characterized by blister formation in the epidermal layer secondary to mechanical trauma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.