One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I always thought you judged a race after it's over,’ he says bullishly.’
- ‘‘The numbers speak for themselves,’ Berwin says bullishly.’
- ‘Last week he was bullishly demanding a bigger share of the spoils by calling for the opportunity to buy breakfast station GMTV.’
- ‘Ed, however, remains bullishly optimistic, as this new series reveals.’
- ‘In the aftermath of departure from Europe on Wednesday night, Ferguson bullishly claimed that his team had been the best in the country since the festive season.’
- ‘In May 2003, O'Neill took me round the building before it shut its doors and explained bullishly what was to be done.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.