Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Everybody is so damn busy preening, interrupting, bullheadedly pushing their pet peeve, etc… that they seldom hear what actually goes on.’
- ‘Cool Hand Luke is a moving character study of a non-conformist, anti-hero loner who bullheadedly resists authority and the Establishment.’
- ‘He's the muscle, storming into every situation bullheadedly.’
- ‘He bullheadedly attempts to avenge while Duncan seeks out an old friend.’
- ‘Thus Guderian bullheadedly ignored von Kleist's order and then had the audacity to debate its merits.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.