One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then the first of three banderilleros (usually older bullfighters who form part of the matador's team) individually run towards the bull making him charge.’
- ‘At first glance, bullfighting seems simple: Bull bucks rider, bullfighter jumps around in front of bull.’
- ‘At a single gravesite in a cemetery on the northern fringe of Sevilla lie the mortal remains of three of the most successful bullfighters this century.’
- ‘In Ronda's famous Pedro Romero bullring he fought three-year-old bulls for the first time and in Nîmes in France he faced a four-year-old bull and qualified as a bullfighter.’
- ‘Tickets prices vary considerably depending on the bullring, the bullfighters and the occasion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.