One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Tickets prices vary considerably depending on the bullring, the bullfighters and the occasion.’
- ‘Then the first of three banderilleros (usually older bullfighters who form part of the matador's team) individually run towards the bull making him charge.’
- ‘In Ronda's famous Pedro Romero bullring he fought three-year-old bulls for the first time and in Nîmes in France he faced a four-year-old bull and qualified as a bullfighter.’
- ‘At first glance, bullfighting seems simple: Bull bucks rider, bullfighter jumps around in front of bull.’
- ‘At a single gravesite in a cemetery on the northern fringe of Sevilla lie the mortal remains of three of the most successful bullfighters this century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.