One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of items in a list) preceded by a printed bullet or bullet point.
- ‘This chapter is essentially a bibliography, organized loosely by bulleted points to help focus our attention.’
- ‘This specifies the bullet character to be used on all first-level bulleted lists.’
- ‘I dreamed I lived in a tight little world where bulleted lists of goals encapsulated each day.’
- ‘Many of said summaries come in the form of bulleted points which makes for increased emphasis now and easy reference later.’
- ‘Use bulleted list to communicate the benefits of your product or service.’
- ‘Nothing can be more annoying than to see bulleted text arrive animated with a 'whoosh' sound.’
- ‘You can also use keyboard characters to create a automatic bulleted list.’
- ‘Double-clicking bulleted text in a password field selects all the bullets in the text field.’
- ‘By special formatting I mean bold, italics, in bulleted lists, in tags, etc.’
- ‘Use bulleted lists for items in no necessary order; numbered lists, for items in a required order.’
- ‘The list button with bullets creates a bulleted list.’
- ‘Instead we had lots of bulleted powerpoint slides.’
- ‘Everything between here and the next subhead is all part of this last bulleted item.’
- ‘Most of the microscopic images have a bulleted list of features, which are active links, on the right side of the screen.’
- ‘Just try inserting bulleted text to see what I mean.’
- ‘Dealers can also print "tag copy," straightforward and bulleted answers about each tool.’
- ‘Employers will typically glance over the entire presentation first, taking notice of bulleted items that jump off the page to compare you to other candidates.’
- ‘In designing an application, we start with a plain-English description of the overall process, using nothing more than bulleted lists.’
- ‘Work History detail should have been bulleted under each previous employer.’
- ‘The first of our two problems is that these pages are basically composed of bulleted links into each respective event.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.