One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strong sprung metal device with two flat plates that close so as to hold papers together.
- ‘Such works are hung with bulldog clips, giving the impression that one is entering the artist's workspace, a technique that seems to have found much favour in the gallery world of late.’
- ‘I told her to look on the card, which had been held together with the others by a bulldog clip.’
- ‘Barry handed him another receipt taken from another bulldog clip.’
- ‘Messages for the duty controller were passed down from the gallery using a bulldog clip tied on to the end of what looked like a broomstick.’
- ‘It was all done with a pastry board and a bulldog clip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.