One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large Australian ant with large jaws and a powerful sting.Also called bull ant
- ‘Although classified as a ‘primitive’ ant, the bulldog ant exhibits complex social behavior and is obviously far from a simple biological entity.’
- ‘Jackjumpers and bulldog ants are native to Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania.’
- ‘On the way, he was bitten by a red-bellied black snake, attacked by bulldog ants, chased by crocodiles, and stranded by swift-flowing rivers.’
- ‘The Aruntas of Australia think that a medicine man's powers will be destroyed if he is bitten by a bulldog ant.’
- ‘The queen bulldog ant takes multiple mates and then, after that, never mates again for the rest of her life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.