One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rodeo event in which a rider attempts to remain mounted on a bull while the animal bucks violently.‘she switched from barrel racing to bull riding as her chosen rodeo event’
- ‘Local cowgirls wanted to compete in bronco riding, bull riding, roping events, and other professional contests, so she opened them to any woman who wanted to participate.’
- ‘John and his party enjoyed a few days of parades and the horse, bull riding and cattle roping were all seen on his slides.’
- ‘Of the major rodeo events, bull riding accounts for the greatest injury rate.’
- ‘The daily rodeo entertained the afternoon crowds with bareback riding, saddle bronc, bull riding, steer wrestling and much more.’
- ‘The Outdoor Life Network is preempting bull riding with over 350 hours of Tour coverage planned for July.’
- ‘After eight years of bull riding, Maurer switched to bareback bronco riding.’
- ‘Standard rodeo events will be featured, including bull riding, calf roping, and girls' barrel racing.’
- ‘A six-year veteran of bull riding, he said there's no way he'd get on bulls without the reassuring sight of a clown waiting in the arena.’
- ‘Nine senior and five junior events include bull riding, bare back and saddle horse riding, barrel racing and rope and tie.’
- ‘She's taken up country music, two-steppin', mechanical bull riding and rodeos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.