One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A market in which share prices are rising, encouraging buying.
- ‘Or are options just a sophisticated way of robbing shareholders' money in a bull market?’
- ‘This is fine in a bull market, but not much use if the market is falling.’
- ‘The rules for success in the last bull market do not apply to this severe bear market.’
- ‘Therefore, your pension is priced for a bull market, not a bear market, and as a result is very risky.’
- ‘These days the market doesn't grow more bullish with every advance as is typical of a genuine bull market.’
- ‘The fall of the last share safe haven is a sign of a new bull market.’
- ‘Investor fear over falling energy prices is the main ingredient for our energy bull market.’
- ‘But it also marked the point at which the bull market in junior gold shares ended once and for all.’
- ‘Stocks have been in a bull market in anticipation that a strong economic recovery is on the way.’
- ‘Any rational analysis would suggest that the bull market was over and prices had peaked.’
- ‘With the emergence of a new bull market, growth shares are coming back into fashion.’
- ‘However, in a bull market, when share prices are rising, nobody cares.’
- ‘It is completely impossible for this bear market rally to somehow turn into a new bull market.’
- ‘Within each cycle a bull market of 32 months is followed by a bear market of about 14 months.’
- ‘A bull market generally refers to a prolonged rise in prices of stocks and bonds and other investments, or the market as a whole.’
- ‘Funds that held up well in the bear market ultimately fared better than those that roared during the bull market.’
- ‘Thus, growth stocks outperform a bull market and under perform a bear market.’
- ‘Tech stocks led the way up in the last bull market and had spectacular hangovers in the bear market.’
- ‘One sign of a bull market is that investors are willing to pay higher prices.’
- ‘During the bull market when everything was doing well, the banks got more aggressive about their deals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.