One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another name for nurse hound
- ‘Big conger eels and bull huss feed in these deep spots on mackerel and squid baits fished hard on the bottom with heavy gear; the biggest pollack do often come to big conger baits.’
- ‘This produces conger to 40 lb plus and big bull huss.’
- ‘What looked like a cross between a tope and a bull huss looked decidedly unhappy and I had to run over and get a glimpse of the biggest fish I had ever seen taken from the shore.’
- ‘Whole calamari squid receives some favour in certain areas, but, as for bull huss, it does benefit from being bound on tightly to a pennel rig; a pair of 4 / Mustad Vikings does the trick and will hold most fish we are likely to catch.’
- ‘In the bull huss the nasal flaps (a flap of skin between the nasal openings on the snout and the mouth) form two distinct lobes, whereas the lsd has a single lobe.’
- ‘You can't say it about most species of sea fish, but the bull huss has actually increased its numbers over the past five years along the UK west coast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.