One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Not that I was particularly overweight, but I felt heavier than I wanted, and being ‘of-a-certain-age’ the weight had gathered itself a little bulkily around my tummy.’
- ‘SCS officers noticed a vehicle containing five males, all of whom were bulkily and unseasonally dressed.’
- ‘At this time there were only seven korans in existence, all of them written by hand and bound into no less than sixty Hinzibs each and kept wrapped bulkily in many blankets and stored in large calabash bowls far away in Mecca.’
- ‘Rich afternoon light slants into the back of the plane; bulkily clad silhouettes are already rolling fuel drums down onto the dimpled blue ice of the runway.’
- ‘Squeezing the push-to-talk button felt a bit clumsy, though, with everything hanging bulkily from the Xbox controller.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.