One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The relative change in the volume of a body produced by a unit compressive or tensile stress acting uniformly over its surface.
- ‘They then calculated both the shear modulus and the bulk modulus, which are measures of the mineral's ability to deform when squeezed or bent in different ways.’
- ‘X-ray diffraction patterns revealed the spacing between osmium atoms in the sample at different pressures, data that gave a bulk modulus of 462 GPa, compared to diamond's 443 GPa.’
- ‘The material properties for the different regions included the bulk modulus, thickness, and density.’
- ‘A related quantity, the bulk modulus, is defined as the reciprocal of the compressibility.’
- ‘The coefficients of the constitutive relation (the bulk modulus, for example) determine the nature and degree of the material's response to strain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.