One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The relative change in the volume of a body produced by a unit compressive or tensile stress acting uniformly over its surface.
- ‘The material properties for the different regions included the bulk modulus, thickness, and density.’
- ‘They then calculated both the shear modulus and the bulk modulus, which are measures of the mineral's ability to deform when squeezed or bent in different ways.’
- ‘The coefficients of the constitutive relation (the bulk modulus, for example) determine the nature and degree of the material's response to strain.’
- ‘A related quantity, the bulk modulus, is defined as the reciprocal of the compressibility.’
- ‘X-ray diffraction patterns revealed the spacing between osmium atoms in the sample at different pressures, data that gave a bulk modulus of 462 GPa, compared to diamond's 443 GPa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.