One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice, among doctors, of choosing to be paid reduced fees directly by the government rather than bill patients fully and bear the cost of billing.‘we've seen dramatic falls in bulk billing under this government’
- ‘Labor outlined a plan to put GPs in hospitals to target the shortage of bulk billing doctors.’
- ‘A move away from bulk billing by local doctors has made it difficult for low-income earners to access health care according to local patients.’
- ‘These doctors are to be located at public hospitals in areas where bulk billing rates are lowest.’
- ‘We don't think bulk billing should be compulsory.’
- ‘Over 70 percent of all health services that are eligible for government rebates are currently paid for via bulk billing.’
- ‘Bulk billing remains a key election issue.’
- ‘The fall in bulk billing was closely related to tightening supply of medical practitioners.’
- ‘There were many reasons why doctors were abandoning bulk billing.’
- ‘It's about trying to ensure that bulk billing is available.’
- ‘GPs who rely on bulk billing have welcomed the package.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.