One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The astronauts end up with bulgy faces, sinus congestion, and a lot of edema in the upper body.’
- ‘The lobby has bulgy sofas and an open wood fire; you can eat your tea and scones here, or in the equally cosy sitting room.’
- ‘Strolling among holiday-makers in the streets of the Zillertal's little capital town of Mayrhofen on my first evening, I had seen plenty of bulgy bottoms and middle-aged sags.’
- ‘It's better than weight training, because it lengthens your muscles rather than making them bulgy.’
- ‘The characteristically bulgy, Frank Gehry designed building has been plagued by cost overruns and schedule slips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.