One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hoverfly that resembles a bumblebee, with larvae that are pests of daffodil bulbs.
- ‘Regardless, the earlier you can pull your bulbs out, the better the chance that you will avoid bulb flies.’
- ‘A few species of syrphid flies, known as bulb flies, develop by feeding on and tunneling into plant tissues.’
- ‘Daffodils may be attacked by bulb flies or the Narcissus nematode, a microscopic organism in the soil.’
- ‘Aphids and bulb flies can be controlled by spraying with sprays such as pest oil, Pyrethrum, Maldison or Rogor.’
- ‘Insecticides are recommended if you've had an infestation of narcissus bulb flies or gladiolus thrips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.