One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal approval from a local authority to construct, alter, or demolish a building.‘they chose to build it without a building consent’
- ‘The increase in budget is almost exactly the amount that was illegally collected from building consents - $10 million.’
- ‘Building consents are still hitting new highs - February saw the highest figure for that month for 30 years.’
- ‘Population increases in areas like Auckland have put enormous pressure on the issuing of resource and building consents.’
- ‘If we look at building consents we see that there were 30,000 new consents issued last year.’
- ‘The two rural schools were saved because the number of building consents is so high, and because there is a population growth in the city at this juncture.’
- ‘Last month saw a total 292 building consents issued, up on 169 for the same period last year.’
- ‘The building consent provisions require the owner to apply for consent.’
- ‘The role of building consent authorities is important in the bill.’
- ‘We've seen a huge increase in building consents.’
- ‘Problems with building consents are common in urban centres where there is pressure on growth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.