One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal approval from a local authority to construct, alter, or demolish a building.‘they chose to build it without a building consent’
- ‘If we look at building consents we see that there were 30,000 new consents issued last year.’
- ‘We've seen a huge increase in building consents.’
- ‘The two rural schools were saved because the number of building consents is so high, and because there is a population growth in the city at this juncture.’
- ‘The increase in budget is almost exactly the amount that was illegally collected from building consents - $10 million.’
- ‘The role of building consent authorities is important in the bill.’
- ‘The building consent provisions require the owner to apply for consent.’
- ‘Population increases in areas like Auckland have put enormous pressure on the issuing of resource and building consents.’
- ‘Problems with building consents are common in urban centres where there is pressure on growth.’
- ‘Last month saw a total 292 building consents issued, up on 169 for the same period last year.’
- ‘Building consents are still hitting new highs - February saw the highest figure for that month for 30 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.