One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Promote friendly relations between groups.‘the challenge for all politicians now is to build bridges between communities’
- ‘Since making his pledge he has found alternative ways to build bridges with Germany's chancellor, Angela Merkel.’
- ‘My job as a leader is to build coalitions - build bridges and pull people together.’
- ‘By exploring their perceptual differences, the Chinese and American publics can build bridges between them without dependence on their governments.’
- ‘But some activists have been trying to build bridges since the youth edge appeared in Seattle.’
- ‘Your point is well taken about seeking out moderate Muslims in an effort to build bridges.’
- ‘No doubt both neighbours are making efforts to build bridges.’
- ‘As India began to build bridges with Myanmar, China reached out to Bangladesh and they signed a hush-hush defence deal.’
- ‘Instead of building bridges, bridges of trust and love, Sharon is building bridges of hatred, and impenetrable walls. "’
- ‘Prior to Cancun, the antiwar movement had already begun to build bridges with antiglobalization groups.’
- ‘Common interest groups, involving intergroup contact, should be central to Government policy to build bridges between divided communities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.