One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Promote friendly relations between groups.‘the challenge for all politicians now is to build bridges between communities’
- ‘Prior to Cancun, the antiwar movement had already begun to build bridges with antiglobalization groups.’
- ‘But some activists have been trying to build bridges since the youth edge appeared in Seattle.’
- ‘Your point is well taken about seeking out moderate Muslims in an effort to build bridges.’
- ‘By exploring their perceptual differences, the Chinese and American publics can build bridges between them without dependence on their governments.’
- ‘My job as a leader is to build coalitions - build bridges and pull people together.’
- ‘Common interest groups, involving intergroup contact, should be central to Government policy to build bridges between divided communities.’
- ‘Instead of building bridges, bridges of trust and love, Sharon is building bridges of hatred, and impenetrable walls. "’
- ‘As India began to build bridges with Myanmar, China reached out to Bangladesh and they signed a hush-hush defence deal.’
- ‘Since making his pledge he has found alternative ways to build bridges with Germany's chancellor, Angela Merkel.’
- ‘No doubt both neighbours are making efforts to build bridges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.