Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See bug fix
- ‘Well, even if you try to fix every bug as you go along, at the end of every milestone, there is inevitably a lot of bug fixing when testers (internal and beta) find the really hard bugs.’
- ‘Further development and bug fixing will continue throughout the autumn and the final version of the system will be launched at the end of December.’
- ‘The OS is now feature complete and all that's left is bug fixing and optimisation.’
- ‘The company had an uneven track record when it came to features and bug fixing.’
- ‘The game is coming along nicely, with most of the work at this stage relating to bug fixing and detail tweaking.’
- ‘Everything takes longer than expected, because the estimate didn't account for bug fixing, committee meetings, coffee breaks, and that crazy boss who interrupts all the time.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.