One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reserve of a commodity that can be used to offset price fluctuations.
- ‘By dividing the assembly line and installing separate lines to prepare subassemblies, the plants were able to maintain buffer stock between zones and between the assembly line and the preparation line.’
- ‘Why is it that with 60 million tonnes of grain in surplus of the buffer stock, India still has hunger on this scale?’
- ‘Most suppliers, however, are required to stage anywhere from 8 to 10 days' worth of buffer stock in those multivendor warehouses located within 90 minutes of the TMC.’
- ‘India, for instance, has witnessed an impressive expansion in food production over the years, and it has built up a large buffer stock of foodgrains.’
- ‘The country is well placed to meet the situations, thanks to a large buffer stock and treasury overflowing with foreign exchange.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.