One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of grasses.
- ‘The rest of the property is planted with native grasses, including blue grama and buffalo grass.’
- ‘All need water in addition to rainfall, but Bermuda grass, buffalo grass and the improved tall fescues need the least.’
- ‘In fact, they were in such danger of getting lost in the tall buffalo grass that grew there then that they drove wooden stakes into the ground higher than the grass to help them find their way back.’
- ‘The problem was that the head-high buffalo grass that thrived in the thin topsoil had slowly adapted to its deceptively hostile environment over several thousand years.’
- ‘Sideoats grama, buffalo grass, sagebrush, yucca and prickly pear cactus are also common on the canyon floor and walls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.