One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or in accordance with an estimate of income and expenditure.‘tight budgetary constraints’‘a coalition to prevent budgetary cuts to schools’
- ‘Such concepts apply to architecture across the budgetary spectrum, from the low end to the highbrow.’
- ‘Decisions were made based on budgetary concern or expediency.’
- ‘This process began by translating user needs into the budgetary framework.’
- ‘He realized that audiences want budgetary excess coupled with simplistic romance more than highly personal films of emotional strength.’
- ‘The imposition of such budgetary measures often constitutes a departure from existing college budget policies.’
- ‘I'm certain the budgetary restraints forced the use of such footage instead of shooting all the flight scenes themselves.’
- ‘Any self-respecting artistic director will demand the right to rethink budgetary priorities.’
- ‘However, largely for budgetary reasons, the project collapsed.’
- ‘For a first-time effort on this budgetary scale, I could not have asked for more.’
- ‘Despite its obvious budgetary deficiencies, this version of the Lewis classic is an effort worth seeing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.