Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An account with a bank, store, or public utility into which one makes regular payments to cover bills.
- ‘Instead, it refers to the proposals it put forward last month to introduce individual budget accounts.’
- ‘Clients can arrange a simple budget account through the centre to help them pay their priority debts.’
- ‘As the premier Department store in the city, Shaws Waterford boasts an excellent mix of departments, carries top brands, has a well-trained staff and runs a very attractive budget account system for customers.’
- ‘However, it has also had to restrict the amount of money allocated to many of the budget accounts.’
- ‘But money funds are well worth considering for your emergency capital reserve, as compared with the monthly cash flow and budget account you maintain in your local or offshore bank.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.