One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A film portraying a close friendship between two people.
- ‘For the film industry, the biracial buddy movie attracts the broadest audience by appealing to both white and black audiences.’
- ‘It is at once a coming of age story, a rite of passage, a road trip and a buddy movie.’
- ‘The series is really an extended buddy movie, set in hip Manhattan bars and not in muddy trenches.’
- ‘It's a fairly funny buddy movie, in the tradition of Wilson and Jackie Chan in their Shanghai series.’
- ‘Good-natured, hopeful and well-intentioned, the French film Monsieur Ibrahim is the sort of bittersweet coming-of-age buddy movie that will undoubtedly fare well with bourgeois art-house audiences the world over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.