Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A film portraying a close friendship between two people.
- ‘For the film industry, the biracial buddy movie attracts the broadest audience by appealing to both white and black audiences.’
- ‘The series is really an extended buddy movie, set in hip Manhattan bars and not in muddy trenches.’
- ‘Good-natured, hopeful and well-intentioned, the French film Monsieur Ibrahim is the sort of bittersweet coming-of-age buddy movie that will undoubtedly fare well with bourgeois art-house audiences the world over.’
- ‘It is at once a coming of age story, a rite of passage, a road trip and a buddy movie.’
- ‘It's a fairly funny buddy movie, in the tradition of Wilson and Jackie Chan in their Shanghai series.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.