One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘buckytubes, they discovered, are stronger than steel, carbon fibres, and even diamonds’another term for nanotube
- ‘The buckytube was accidentally discovered in the resultant soot left behind from an electrical discharge between two carbon electrodes.’
- ‘His impact shroud wouldn't do him much good, even if it is made of woven buckytubes.’
- ‘Buckytubes self-assemble into ‘ropes’ of tens to hundreds of aligned tubes, running side by side, branching and recombining.’
- ‘Another technology that the author has been promoting for a long time is what he calls ‘buckytubes,’ but is better known as carbon nanotubes.’
- ‘Sometimes called ‘buckytubes,’ carbon nanotubes' properties were first studied by Japanese researchers in the early 1990s.’
1990s: blend of buckminsterfullerene and tube.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.