One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A staghound of a small breed.
- ‘So what did Capt Browne do with the ‘several horses’ of the Duke of Richmond (to say nothing of the buckhound)?’
- ‘The buckhounds never killed many deer, but they dispersed the deer population throughout the forest.’
- ‘Thus, we have the buckhound, deerhound, foxhound, and staghound.’
- ‘But in 1744 he joined the Pelhams and began his governmental career as master of the buckhounds 1744-6 and as 1st lord of Trade 1748-61.’
- ‘Out early one crisp morning, the royal buckhounds picked up the scent of a noble white stag.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.