One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They are also rich in cockles and for generations local people have gathered small bucketfuls of the shellfish to eat.’
- ‘Those qualities were in evidence by the bucketful yesterday as free-running Heriot's won the game and the title with the combination of panache and style which has become their hallmark.’
- ‘It teeters on the cusp of the Mediterranean, offering endless vistas of blue-green sea, bucketfuls of fresh air, and crumbling, salty buildings of the old town that still manage to retain their elegance.’
- ‘Meanwhile, there is one hardy annual which is always guaranteed to bloom, bringing with it colour and a bucketfuls of pizazz.’
- ‘Everybody knows they are there and I went down with a small net the other day and came back with three bucketfuls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.