One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It teeters on the cusp of the Mediterranean, offering endless vistas of blue-green sea, bucketfuls of fresh air, and crumbling, salty buildings of the old town that still manage to retain their elegance.’
- ‘Everybody knows they are there and I went down with a small net the other day and came back with three bucketfuls.’
- ‘Meanwhile, there is one hardy annual which is always guaranteed to bloom, bringing with it colour and a bucketfuls of pizazz.’
- ‘They are also rich in cockles and for generations local people have gathered small bucketfuls of the shellfish to eat.’
- ‘Those qualities were in evidence by the bucketful yesterday as free-running Heriot's won the game and the title with the combination of panache and style which has become their hallmark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.