One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.‘making this trip is the first thing on my bucket list’
- ‘Mary inspired me to make a bucket list tomorrow, too - a bunch of random things I want to do in the future that I probably will do.’
- ‘As a result, President Bush was able to cross off the 10th and final item on his administration's bucket list.’
- ‘I forgot to mention that this walk was number one on our bucket list which we started constructing a few weeks ago.’
- ‘Do you have a "bucket list"?’
- ‘Going to Japan for more than a tourist visit has been on my bucket list ever since I visited Japan in 2001 whilst on a jazz band trip.’
- ‘You think to yourself, if you had two weeks to live - you'd have a bucket list of things to do.’
- ‘As I march through the travel bucket list, I always worry that I could become world-weary, feeling like I have seen it all and stop being surprised, shocked or moved by anything.’
- ‘Rock starts with his observations on the 2008 presidential campaign, remarking of McCain that he doesn't "want a president with a bucket list."’
- ‘Apparently for a spell, bucket lists were the new black in Hollywood.’
- ‘Here's something for your bucket list.’
- ‘I created my bucket list, more importantly, implementing it.’
- ‘Sure, unicycle purists will scoff, but now you can finally check "ride a unicycle" off your bucket list without wasting any time learning how to actually ride one.’
- ‘He and his brother were constructing a summer bucket list, to get them out and about, trying new things.’
- ‘As a frequent traveller, who clocks up more mileage in a year than an Olympic long-distance runner in training, one of the things which is permanently on my bucket list, especially for long-haul travel, is a first-class seat.’
- ‘Is there a character or a person who is on your bucket list that you want to play?’
Early 21st century from the phrase kick the bucket ‘die’ (see kick), popularized by the 2007 film The Bucket List.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.