One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple soft cloth hat with a brim.
- ‘The four have each won a Bundaberg - Wallaby Supporters pack, including a Wallaby Supporters over-size t-shirt, bucket hat and Bundy-cooler.’
- ‘Sitting on the ground next to the bike was Cade, wearing a bucket hat of the type you see old fishermen wearing, his purple hair spilling down his back in a low ponytail.’
- ‘Customers can win a variety of prizes including Guinness t-shirts, Guinness bucket hats, Guinness badged pint glasses, Murphy's shamrock sunglasses and Murphy's face painting kits.’
- ‘You don't need to be having a bad hair day to sport one of the latest hats for man, so get ahead and try a bucket hat or baseball cap.’
- ‘The Queen, praised for her sense of style in Paris last week, played it safe in a conservative lime green hat with matching coat and dress while the Princess Royal stuck to a smart white coat and bucket hat.’
- ‘Gooden was keeping it low-key, trying to hide out in a bucket hat, but he still stood out.’
- ‘Steven, a little round man in a bucket hat, made his money in slot machines (on the other end of the business from the moralist William Bennett), first in Tokyo, then in Sydney, now in Las Vegas.’
- ‘She put on a pink shirt, white sandals, pink plaid pants, and a matching pink plaid bucket hat.’
- ‘I put a black bucket hat on, and put a towel and sunscreen in a bag.’
- ‘On the other side of the school, Melanie had just entered the school wearing her huge designer sun glasses and her red bucket hat.’
- ‘I had a quick shower and then put on some huge jeans, and a white muscle shirt, and a white bucket hat.’
- ‘Hats obviously serve a purpose and floppy ones - such as bucket hats and head scarves - are best because they can be packed flat.’
- ‘There was a fuzzy light blue bucket hat, that pulled the outfit together perfectly.’
- ‘If denim clothing is not your thing, then you can even go for a denim accessory, such as a fisherman or bucket hat, or even a messenger or tote bag.’
- ‘I immediately saw a slender man wearing a bucket hat walking from the tee up to the fairway with a soil probe in one hand and a radio in the other.’
- ‘The result, a hip hop style bucket hat that makes a subtle contrast to the ‘cowboy style’ I've mentioned before.’
- ‘The winner will receive the Alternative Apparel headwear sample kit, which includes nine styles of the company's headwear, including six caps, two visors and a bucket hat.’
- ‘Here she is, in her green bucket hat, on this rainy Sunday morning.’
- ‘If you have on all solid colors, try a printed bucket hat or interesting-looking purse or cool cuff bracelet.’
- ‘‘I've been married to a photographer for a hundred years,’ said a smiling lady in a yellow bee bucket hat who, if she was telling the truth, looked an awful lot younger than she was.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.