One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish of melted cheese on toast with a poached egg on top.
- ‘I love it in there and Trace and I had a pot of tea, and I ate a scone, and she had a buck rarebit, and we discussed how grateful we were to be solvent.’
- ‘The food lives up to the tableware: along with cereals, juices and fruit, there's homemade whisky and mandarin jam, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, buck rarebit (like Welsh but with poached eggs on top) and a ramekin dish baked in the oven.’
- ‘Freshly baked homemade breads and muffins abound as well as excellent vegetarian breakfasts like Marmite eggs Florentine and local Cheddar buck rarebit.’
- ‘The buck rarebit was excellent, my partner had the corn fritters with the chilli jam - to die for.’
- ‘Top it with a poached egg or two for a buck rarebit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.