One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Causing or characterized by swollen inflamed lymph nodes in the armpit or groin.‘three vials of inert bubonic bacteria from a laboratory’‘patients suffering from the bubonic form of the plague should be placed in isolation’
- ‘The main form, bubonic, often starts out with fever, chills, and enlarged lymph nodes.’
- ‘There are three varieties of plague: bubonic, pneumonic, and septicemic.’
- ‘Bubonic plague first arrived in the late spring or early summer of that year.’
- ‘Principally of a bubonic nature, its incubation period is from three to seven days.’
- ‘In dealing with plagues, diseases, and hunger, she is rightly skeptical about plague's being bubonic in the modern sense.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.