One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Causing or characterized by swollen inflamed lymph nodes in the armpit or groin.‘three vials of inert bubonic bacteria from a laboratory’‘patients suffering from the bubonic form of the plague should be placed in isolation’
- ‘The main form, bubonic, often starts out with fever, chills, and enlarged lymph nodes.’
- ‘Bubonic plague first arrived in the late spring or early summer of that year.’
- ‘There are three varieties of plague: bubonic, pneumonic, and septicemic.’
- ‘In dealing with plagues, diseases, and hunger, she is rightly skeptical about plague's being bubonic in the modern sense.’
- ‘Principally of a bubonic nature, its incubation period is from three to seven days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.