One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plastic packaging material in sheets containing numerous small air cushions designed to protect fragile goods.
- ‘Wrap Christmas Ornaments Properly - Ornaments should be individually wrapped in white tissue paper or where greater protection is needed, wrap in bubble wrap.’
- ‘The best way to ship a gun is in a plastic bag wrapped with bubble wrap and placed in a strong cardboard box.’
- ‘I also asked Jimmy to carefully wrap all of Sydney's selections in tissue and bubble wrap making sure that the package was sent to her in a timely manner.’
- ‘It was carefully packed in foam peanuts and bubble wrap as if it were a delicate piece of Venetian glass.’
- ‘We skirt around men dragging boxes of green plastic dinosaurs across the floor, bales of bubble wrap, a jumble of king-sized golden picture frames.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.