One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A small package enclosing goods in transparent dome-shaped plastic on a flat cardboard backing.
- ‘When you want to buy four pop rivets, why can you only buy a bubble pack containing 50?’
- ‘Rohypnol is sold illegally on the streets as a small pill in bubble packs.’
- ‘Demand was so great that for Christmas 1977 the company was forced to sell empty bubble packs that could be traded in for actual figures as these became available early in 1978.’
- ‘We dispense medications in a variety of packaging systems including but not limited to, bottles, 30 day bubble packs, 14 day bubble packs, and medi-sets.’
- ‘These standards require the provision of unit dosing and bubble packs, etc.’
- ‘If there is an established technique for getting in to these tough plastic bubble packs, I'm not aware of it!’
- ‘On February 14, the U.S. Border Patrol in McAllen, Texas, seized over 57,000 tablets of Rohypnol that had been obtained in Mexico, packaged in bubble packs, along with 53 pounds of marijuana.’
- ‘Why do not all bubble packs have an easily opened back or a peel off access label of some kind?’
- ‘The kit comes in one of those pesky bubble packs that require a saw to extricate the contents.’
- ‘Files of patients are kept in related designated hospitals, supplies of combination bubble packs for multi-drug treatment are provided and clinics supervise continuity of care.’
- ‘On February 14, the U.S. Border Patrol in McAllen, Texas, seized over 57,000 tablets of Rohypnol, packaged in bubble packs, along with 53 pounds of marijuana.’
- 1.1another term for bubble wrap
- ‘Ship all glass sample containers in foam sleeves, bubble packs, or in a foam box designed for shipping.’
- ‘Now, put that box in another box with another layer of peanuts or bubble pack or newspaper in between.’
- ‘Outer boxes, bubble packs, accordion-pleated attached labels, and plastic self-sealing envelopes containing additional labeling have been accepted.’
- ‘Objects with delicate appendages, such as candelabras or figurines with extended arms, should be wrapped with extra bubble pack and surrounded by extra packing material.’
- ‘Prepaid products are flat-priced, postage-included envelopes, labels and bubble packs, in regional and national formats, which are purchased in advance and used as required.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.